Web hosting might be an underrated concept until we realize it’s important as the key feature for the success of our website or web applications. One change in the decision of choosing the right WordPress host for our websites can make a huge increase in its sales and improve SEO.
Table of Contents
Here we are with a complete guide to help you choose the perfect WordPress hosting for your website:
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a subcategory of web hosting. You might be wondering what web hosting is. So, in simplest terms, web hosting is an online service that enables you to publish your web applications or websites on the internet.
Coming back to the term WordPress hosting, it is a hosting that provides us with resources and servers especially optimized to meet WordPress performance and security needs. It also includes some WordPress host that typically updates your software when needed.
WordPress hosting can mainly be divided into two categories:
- Shared WordPress hosting
- Managed WordPress hosting
We will discuss them in the section below
As its name suggests, in Shared WordPress Hosting you’ll be using a server that’s “shared” with other websites too. It still will be performance-optimized for your WordPress website.
It allows you to access unlimited resources that are shared among different websites. It can be an affordable option but for sure not the best one
You’ll be sharing your server’s resources with ten or thousands of websites which means that your website might slow down or lag a lot even when there’s a problem in someone else’s server
Quality shared hosts might avoid overloading their servers on the other hand ultra budget host might oversell their space. Beyond that, you’ll typically use a generic cPanel dashboard to manage your site(s).
Managed WordPress hosting
Type of WordPress hosting specially designed for WordPress websites. In a managed WordPress hosting environment, the hosting provider takes care of all the technical aspects of running a WordPress website, including updates, backups, security, and performance optimization.
With managed WordPress hosting, you typically get access to a hosting environment that is specifically optimized for WordPress, with features such as one-click installations, automatic updates, caching, and built-in security measures.
The idea behind managed WordPress hosting package is to offer a completely hassle-free experience, so you can focus on running your business and doing what you are good at.
One of the best parts about Managed WordPress hosting is the premium support. Your support is provided by real WordPress experts with lots of experience rather than someone who is reading a support manual.
Benefits of WordPress Hosting
- Enhanced Security: Providers offer a variety of enhanced security measures such as firewalls, malware scans, and automatic backups, which help protect your site from security threats and data loss.
- Expert support: WordPress hosting providers typically have support teams that are well-versed in WordPress-related issues and can offer expert guidance on optimizing your website’s performance and functionality.
- Improved site speed: WordPress hosting providers often use server-level caching and content delivery networks (CDNs) to improve your site’s speed and performance, resulting in faster loading times and better user experiences.
- Optimized for WordPress: WordPress hosting providers offer a hosting environment that is specifically optimized for WordPress, which means that the server configurations, caching, and security measures are all tailored to work seamlessly with WordPress.
- Easy website management: Many WordPress hosting providers offer user-friendly control panels and one-click installations, which make it easy to manage your website and install WordPress plugins and themes.
Free WordPress Hosting Providers
It is important to keep in mind that free hosting providers may not offer the same level of Reliability, Performance, and Support as paid hosting providers. Additionally, free hosting providers may have limitations on server resources, bandwidth, storage, and features. If you’re serious about your website, it’s often worth investing in a paid hosting plan to ensure a better user experience and more reliable website performance.
Some of the free WordPress hosting providers are-
- 100 WebSpace
Best WordPress Hosting Providers Around the World
Hostinger albeit a newer company in the WordPress hosting space has been making a name for itself in the industry rather quickly. The main reason is their more than attractive pricing. To get started with Hostinger it’s just $1.99 / month, a price that’s hard to beat.
- No. of Websites: Unlimited
- Bandwidth: Unlimited
- Storage: Upto 140GB SSD disk space
- Refund Guarantee: 30- days money back guarantee
- Support: Support 24/7 chat is available
It has been a solid option among the best hosting services for years now. They have good reviews, offer okay performance, and have been one of the few companies endorsed by WordPress.org – something that should be important to you if you’re planning to build your website on WordPress.
- Domain name: The free domain name is included for 1yr.
- Uptime: 100% Uptime guarantee
- Support: 24/7 Support
- Subscription: From $2.59 / month
Another host that’s ready for WordPress – and officially recommended by WordPress.org – Bluehost is a good choice for most users. A reliable host with plenty of advanced add ons
- No. of websites: powers 2M+ websites globally
- Refund: 30 days money back guarantee
- Offers: Get $150+ advertising offers
- Subscription: From $2.75 / month
It is another slightly more expensive web host, but it’s also a more highly WordPress-optimized offering. Kinsta prides itself on being able to deliver great performance and good scalability for growing WordPress websites.
The entry-level plan will allow you to receive up to 25,000 visitors a month. Kinsta will also be a good platform to grow with if your website starts attracting a bigger audience
- Domain name: Free domain name
- Uptime: 100% uptime guaranteed
- Support: 24/7 support
- Subscription: From $29.17 / month
It is one of the biggest web hosting companies of them all. They’ve been in this market for several years.
Though HostGator doesn’t offer many WordPress-specific features on their entry-level plans, you can still configure WordPress pretty easily using single-click installers and then do the rest of your setup in the WordPress dashboard.
- Tools: Free WordPress blog tools
- Refund45-day money-back guarantee
- Subscription: From $2.75 / month
It is one of the few WordPress hosting services officially recommended by WordPress.org, making it an excellent choice for any upcoming WordPress website.
SiteGround has an environment optimized to house WordPress sites of any size and type and also gives you easy-to-use tools when setting up your website.
- Support: 24/7 support
- Subscription: From $1.99 / month
- Traffic allowed: 10,000 visits/month
- Uptime: 99.98%
- Load time: 1.35s
Rocket.net is a specialized managed WordPress hosting company offering a fast and reliable platform to build your website. Packed with an easier control panel, built-in security, and cutting-edge WordPress optimization, Rocket.net will give your website an instant performance boost. If you are looking for a premium service, ease of use, and great customer support, then Rocket.net can be an excellent choice for your business.
- Security: Secure Managed WordPress hosting platform
- Migrations: Unlimited free migrations included
- Support: 24/7 customer service
It is certainly on the more expensive side of the spectrum when it comes to our best WordPress hosting services. But this firm has one huge thing going for it – it’s the most popular WordPress-only host in the market.
For years now, WP Engine has been mastering the WordPress space to figure out what sort of parameters a server should have to offer good performance to WordPress sites and also make sure things run problem-free.
- Subscription: $20 / month
- Traffic allowed: 25,000 visits/month
- Uptime: 100%
- Load time: 1.29s
Cloudways is one of the best-managed web hosts in my opinion. It provides you with superior performance in terms of speed, scalability, uptime, and load handling. If you are looking to host high-traffic websites, Cloudways can be a good option.
- Feature: 1-click WordPress installation
- Migration: Free WordPress migrations & SSL
- Subscription: from $10/month
- Offer: 25% off the first 3 months with code TOP10
It is an interesting alternative for those of us who consider ourselves being environmentally-conscious. This WordPress hosting platform has been built with the principle of “maximum use” in mind, which means that the architecture makes it possible for no resources to be wasted anywhere.
- Subscription: From $2.95/month
- Support:24/7 support
- features: access to knowledge base and tutorials
FastComet is an affordable, secure, and customer-centric web host that offers SSD-only storage.
It is a popular web hosting company whose services are used by more than 750,000 small business and personal website owners.
- Support: 24/7/365 technical support
- features: Up to 70% faster websites with optimized hosting
- Security: Inbuilt Website Security
- Subscription: $2.49/month
Elementor Cloud is a WordPress hosting solution specifically designed for websites built with Elementor, a popular page builder plugin for WordPress. you are hosting, creating your website with the Elementor Pro plugin, and managing everything from an easy-to-use dashboard.
Elementor Cloud also comes with the Elementor Pro plugin installed. With the help of the Elementor Pro plugin, you can easily create a stunning WordPress website — without writing a single line of code.
- Subscription: $9.99/ Month
- features: free elementor subdomain
- feature: free CDN(content delivery network)
We have reached the end of this article where we have discussed WordPress hostings and their benefits.
Some important requirements for choosing the best WordPress hosting, followed by, a list of some free WordPress hosting providers and some best affordable WordPress hosting providers to ensure engagement of your site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which location should I choose for my web hosting?
Choose the location near your website and visitors.